Environmental Policy for C-Mech Services Ltd
Statement of Commitment:
C-Mech Services Ltd. is committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the environment and to promoting efficiency to its staff, customers and suppliers.
Our commitment is to:
- Reduce harmful emissions and fuel consumption by works and personal vehicles
- Reduce electricity consumption
- Reduce the amount of waste we produce and dispose of it using eco-friendly methods where possible
- Supply and promote a product range to minimise customer’s environmental impact and raise awareness of environmental issues.
- Encourage efficient procurement of supplies to staff
- Meet or exceed all environmental legislation that relates to the Company
To meet our commitments we will:
– Promote eco-friendly driving habits to employees using company vehicles
– Promote car sharing or green modes of transport to employees commuting to work
– Maintain vehicles effectively to increase efficiency
– Plan routes and jobs carefully to maximise fuel efficiency where possible
– Make sure all appropriate electrical equipment and lights are switched off at the end of the day and when not in use in both the office and the workshop
– Recycle, where possible, all paper, card, glass, metal, batteries and appropriate plastic
– Print all appropriate documents in double sided format
– Print in draft format where possible
– Print internal documents on scrap paper
– Print in colour only when necessary
– Use refillable ink cartridges
– Send documents in electronic format where possible, and only print or copy documents if necessary
– Reuse materials where possible and appropriate
– Compost organic waste
– Dispose of electrical appliances responsibly
– Encourage staff to order supplies in bulk where possible
This statement represents our position on environmental issues, and the policies and practices we will apply in conducting our business. It will be reviewed annually or in light of organisational or operational change.
C-Mech Services Ltd. has been awarded STEM (Steps To Environmental Management) Certification by South East Business Carbon Hub for our commitment to good environmental management.